Ready & Open Campaign
What is Madeline Island READY & OPEN campaign?
The Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce has implemented the READY & OPEN campaign to support Madeline Island businesses with communicating to the community, regarding safety best-practices adopted in response to COVID-19. Our top priority is the safety of community, employees, and visitors. In support of the State of Wisconsin’s ‘Turn the Dial’ order, the business community of Madeline Island stands ready to move towards a thriving economic environment while protecting against the renewed spread of coronavirus. The READY & OPEN campaign is not a regulatory effort. Our role is simply to support and assist member businesses by providing a marketing platform by which each business can highlight its safety efforts during this time. Each participating business is responsible and accountable for its own actions, efforts, and representations made in connection with the READY & OPEN campaign. While compliance is expected, the Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce cannot and does not guarantee that any business is employing or undertaking any safety measures.
These READY & OPEN recommendations can and will change. This campaign is merely a simplified version of federal, state, and local guidelines. It is the responsibility of each individual business to research industry specific safety measures. We recommend the guidelines being put out by WEDC. They can be found at https://wedc.org/reopen-guidelines/
Preparing for Madeline Island READY & OPEN:
- Assess store capacity–maximum 5 customers at a time for non-essential retail. If a store cannot maintain 6’ social distancing with 5 customers in the store, it will need to lower the number of customers allowed in at a time. Bayfield READY & OPEN is endorsed by the Ashland County Health Department.
- Provide proper spacing for people waiting to enter. Establish a line outside the store to control entry, with markings so customers know where to stand to ensure social distancing. Alternatively, stores could allow customers to wait in their cars and notify them by phone or text when it’s their turn to enter the store.
- Restrict the number of staff to only what is strictly necessary.
- Increase standards of facility cleaning and disinfecting to limit staff and customer exposure to COVID-19 and adopt protocols to clean and disinfect in the event of a positive COVID-19 case. Communicate your policy with all employees.
- Be prepared with appropriate PPE. Hand sanitizer, face coverings, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Publicly declare your READY & OPEN safety measures on the business entrance and in your marketing. Customers will look for this, and the blue open signage will indicate a cohesively safe Madeline Island We have provided printable posters, open signs to participating businesses.
Recommended Material List for Madeline Island READY & OPEN:
- Masks for all employees.
- Disinfectant Spray
- Facilities for employees to regularly wash hands with soap and water
- Hand Sanitizer for employee & customer use
- A way to process credit cards/electronic payment (credit/debit cards transfer less germs than cash)
- Tape for marking social distance at checkouts/entrance
Please read Town of LaPointe Face Covering Ordinance CLICK HERE
Please note, many businesses are opening with special safety precautions in place:
Masks are required in all businesses on the island
Social distancing and different ordering procedures than in the past, may be implemented. Please check our website for the business page you are interested in, and their days and hours of operation, and precautions at madelineisland.com
Contact the Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce by emailing email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
Ashland County has revised the previous Travel Advisory to Travel Safe. Travel Safe does not include a suggested 14 day self quarantine. Click on the link to see the details of Ashland County’s newest Travel Advisory
Ready & Open Businesses
Please contact the business directly for up to date information, visit madelineisland.com for individual business contact numbers. If you are a Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce member and have changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 747-2801.
Planning on visiting. Please be safe and follow guidelines set by each individual business. Masks are required in all businesses on the island, please come prepared.
Business are following the Ready & Open campaign for their employees to make sure you are a safe as possible when you visit. Look for sign in the window to show that they are Ready & Open!
Please check with businesses before arriving as the shoulder season is here, which means less hours, and days open, and many businesses closed for the season. Please check the ferry schedule at madferry.com for up to date schedules. Thank you!
Last Updated: 11/10/20
Beach Club – (715) 747-3955: Open to vaccinated customers Friday & Saturday 4-? Lakeside window is open-masks required. Stay tuned for updates on their bar hours, and when their kitchen will be back open and ready for orders.
Adventure Vacations– (715) 747-2100 Opening their shop Fri May 14th and have tours starting May 15th. Hours 10am-5pm until mid June, then 9am to 7pm for the duration of the summer.
Bell Street Gallery– (715) 747-2092 Opening May 10
Big Bay State Park-(715) 747-6425 Open year round 6am-11pm
* Day and Annual Passes available. Go to https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/
Big Bay Town Park-715-747-3031: Camping, trails and parks open.
Bog Lake Canoe Rentals – 715-747-2685 Closed for the season
Café Seiche – 715-747-2033 Closed for the season.
Deena’s Pottery Studio – Open Online
Dockside– (715) 747-2314: Opening May 20th
Farmers Market – Open mid to late June, Fridays at 11:15am-12:30pm
Farmhouse and Hayloft lodging– 715-747-3276 (FARM) or 715-747-2000: Friday Fish Fry pickup only, call in or online ordering. Catering and Lodging open.
Flame & Stone Jewelry-Open online, www.flameandstone.com
Grampa Tony’s– (715) 747-3911: Closed for the season
Island Carvers– (715) 747-6595: Opening Memorial Day Weekend
Saturday, Sunday, Monday 11-4. Starting in June, open Tuesday through Saturday 11-4.
Island Market– (715) 747-6635: Opening May 22. Sunday through Thursday 10-5 Friday & Saturday 10-7
Island Shores Group-eXp Realty-Open: 715-747-2480
La Point Public Library – 9-5 Monday through Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday
La Pointe Town Hall –715-747-6913-Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, Call for appointment
Lakeview Laundromat-Open: 715-242-0406
La Pointe Center– (715) 209-5471: Opening with the Kids Show May 21. 3-5
Then Saturdays 11-3
Thursday – Saturdays in June 11-3
La Pointe Community Clinic – Open, call for information-715-747-2722
Madeline Island Chamber of Commerce-715-747-2801 Office closed until spring
Madeline Island Candles– (715) 747-3090: Friday and Saturday 10-4
Madeline Island Ferry Line Office-Open daily for information and outdoor package delivery pickup 8am-4:30pm: call 715-747-2051 for information,
Madeline Island Golf Course-715-747-3212: Closing for the season on Oct. 18
Madeline Island Heritage Center-Buildings closed, grounds open
Madeline Island Laundromat-Open daily
Madeline Island Museum-Call 715-747-2415 Closed for 2021, Reopening in 2022.
Madeline Island School of the Arts-Call 715-747-2054 For more information
Madeline Island Yacht Club (715) 747-2655: Daily M-F 8-4:15, fuel dock open until 4 Closed Saturday and Sunday
Mission Hill Coffee-Open daily-7am-2pm.
Motion to Go-715-747-6585: Opening in May 21, 9-5 daily
Ricky Rock & JEM-By appointment only 715-209-1161
Rockhouse Food Truck– (715) 747-2325: Call for hours
St. Johns Church-Online services. Call 715-747-3945 for more information
Sylvan Island Events-Open, call 715-747-2785 for information
The Inn on Madeline Island-715-747-6315 for reservations
The Pub– (715) 747-6315. Opening May 20th
Walking Tour at Ferry Office – Closed
Woods Hall – (715) 747-3943: Open Friday & Saturday, 11-4
Q&Z’s bakery – (218) 382-4152 Call for hours